Wednesday, March 24, 2010

More Dirty Gabble

Jason's Notes to Self


1) Fall in Love with Dirt.
2) Fall in Love with Woman that loves dirt and has a nail brush.
3) Fall in Love with Weeds.
4) Grow Food.


The spinach, lettuce and peas have broken ground. I also noticed the Joiners have planted corn under white crop cover yesterday. Mmm, I love corn.


I haven't noticed the mason bees around. I have noticed some type of long, skinny dark fly, I think I'll call it a tansy fly. We planted a Harko Nectarine tree, moved the olive tree, and rearranged the many strawberry plants. I think we planted about a dozen or two strawberry plants last year (some wild, some everbearing) and this year we must have 50 - 80 plants. By next year, the strawbeerry plants should fill in that area thickly enough to prevent any weeds or grass from creeping in.


I'm tempted to continue to cut the grass back year after year, letting the strawberry plants take over the yard. The strawberries would become a spreading carpet, free to spread until it runs into the lemon balm I've planted far away that I hope will grow and creep it's way across the landscape. And camomile and mint. Running the lawn mower over it all would make a nice tea ... for 200 people.

No comments:

Post a Comment