Monday, April 23, 2012

Garden Gabbers @ Earth Day Chilliwack

Garden Gabbers officially introduced itself to the community @ Earth Day Chilliwack this past weekend on April 21, 2012!


The "Creation Station" was a hit!


These girls model their 'bumble hat' creations!


Come on in and see what we got! So much packed under one tent!


There was bugs in jars for the kids to look at... "Edutainment" activities, games, scavenger hunt handouts, etc.


Plants for sale! (rhubarb, raspberries, lovage, mint, lemon balm and more). Still some available!

I brought the Fairy & Gnome picture board I painted... for fun! I loved seeing people stop for pictures...I bet I'll be seeing some across Facebook soon!


A closer look inside...



I can't believe our rhubarb plants in the front yard produced this much already! 


We ended up selling around 10 pounds of salad greens... a mixture of chard, pea shoots, lettuce, kohlarabi, cabbage, collards, anis, kale...  Jason got up at 3am to harvest, and everything was washed and made ready for the event before 7:30am!  And it hardly looks like we even touched the greens in our garden!  



 I loved selling my magnets! Still lots left for those interested in magnets with a 'local, food growing, farming, organic...' message.


 Jason joined Rachel to announce the "Community Gardens" ribbon cutting with the mayor. He remained busy coordinating the work party in the gardens during the day...


More pictures to come!




No comments:

Post a Comment